Monday, April 12, 2010

Back in San Pedro


Yesterday we made our way back to San Pedro. Our first day at Caves Branch we were able to get some lunch and then go and see the blue hole. The blue hole is just a small water hole that gets really deep in a certain area. The water was super refreshing and looks very blue and clear. It was really awesome to swim in and explore. We swam across and hung onto the cliff area and got some really neat pictures. The rest of the day we just hung out and relaxed at the resort. The food at the resort was really great. They gave us a ton of food and we all ate until we were sick. Unfortunately a lot of us got sick while at the resort because there was a stomach virus going around. I caught a cold and ended up spending the next day relaxing with a few of the other girls who weren't feeling well. The others in the group spent the day doing a waterfall cave tour, repelling in a cave, and doing cave tubing. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to do the waterfall tour that I wanted to do but I didn't want to be miserable all day and bring everyone else down. Everyone had a great time and some of the girls that stayed even got massages. It was pretty scary in the jungle at night and even though I had a good time I was definitely ready to get back to the Island. I really enjoyed our time inland but I would prefer to teach here on the island. San Ignacio seemed kind of dead. Here on the island people are always out and about to talk to. I really love being at Ambergris Caye Elementary but I do wish we could have visited some of the schools inland.

No comments:

Post a Comment