Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last days in Belize






















These last few days have been bittersweet. We had our final group dinner tonight. We all had pizza at Pedro's Pub to celebrate our time here in Belize. A guy from the local newspaper came to interview us about our time here and what we have accomplished and learned. It is so crazy to me that this is coming to an end. I leave Saturday morning early. Some of our kids came by Pedro's tonight to see us and say hi and we were so excited! Our students are all so sweet! I am really going to miss them when I go back home and I hope to keep in touch with them all. I got all of Ms. Mandy's information today and she also got mine. I really feel like I have made a lot of strong bonds while here in Belize and on this trip. Ms. Mandy is a great teacher and a wonderful person and I will definitely keep in contact with her. I am sad that will miss not being able to run across the hall and see if the girls want to go get dinner in town but I know that I have made some great friendships and will be seeing a lot of the girls when we get back home. I have truly had a life changing experience. I have learned here in Belize what it is like to be a minority, what it is like to make do, how to relax and go with the flow, to appreciate what I have, and to enjoy the simple life. I will take with me a new perspective on teaching and building relationships with students. I can't even explain how much I have grown through this opportunity and how amazing this program is. I feel more confident in my abilities to teach and I have enjoyed my time in the schools here.I can't wait to get back and share all of my adventures with those at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment